MMM-GoogleAssistant Dev Questions
That you can see, I think all features is now stable
Holidays is now done, so let’s coding some new features
What can I code ? I’m thinking to this:
- MusicPlayer: just insert an USB key in the pi and play music
- NewRadio player: actually, radio module of GA can read streaming but not many format …
what about coding a new support by adding m3u streaming and many other? (needed VLC using… and reconize many format)
- Try add MagicMirror as a related device for autorize “personal result” (and correct this issue !), I think a have a lot of thinkg to add to GA for this
What do you think about my purpose ?
Do you see other purpose ?
Note: this topic is NOT make for talk about your own issues
Thanks to your help, support and donation
Thank you for this post.
+1 for “personal result” auhorization
After this, I don’t know if it’s possible but why not turning GA into a real cast device ? For example I would love displaying my doorbird camera on MM when someone is knocking at the door.
Hi, yes, finally holidays are finished :-(, returning yo real Life.
I think the best coding need is a good camera streamer.
Something that can display an rtsp url and why not, a real cast device like mmourcia said.
I use it to display 2 cameras (doorbell and a surveillance one), and the actual module is not working fine.
Edit: out of Topic
Finally, I will code this features: (because maybe it’s too simple :D)
- Player Visual: +/- same Player like Spotify
- Show player only when music play
- Player Audio Format Read:
- display cover (if cover available in the file)
- Check Music Directory: defined in config
- Read Sub-Directory: optional in config
- Auto Start on Load MagicMirror: optional in config
- Playing all file one by one
- AutoDetect USB key (insert/release)
- Check USB Key Files
- AutoStart Music on USB Key insert
- Stop Music on USB Key release
- Integrate Player and visual in accord with Screen sub-module
- TelegramBot commands (play/pause/volume/… and rebuild playlist)
- make a new npm library
- Switch DataBase (USB Key / Local Folder)
- vocal control (Play/Stop/Next/Prev/volume/…)
- auto Volume Control (Min volume on assistant activate / Max vol on assistant idle)
- Save your prefered volume for next song (volume control via TB or vocal)
- Recipe EN/FR for vocal control (Need Helping for other language)
Video Test USB Key --Demo–
/!\ the demo video is NOT the result of actual coding … it’s just an example
Wow… I think, I can purpose a test very quickly
Just missing recipe for vocal control, and volume control on assistant activate
What do you that about this feature :
Swtich from local files to usb and reverse?
bigjojo last edited by
je trouve cette fonctionnalité pas mal du tout.
ALL Features is now coded !
I have coded the new sub-module
Google Assistant Music Player
With this module, you can read files from
USB Keyor from
# Why USB key ?
- Because it’s to simple to put it in !
# Why Local Files ?
- You can do complex things
- You can upload some audio file to a directory in /home/pi (with FTP / with shared Network directory in the pi)
- You can mount a network “drive” from a NAS (or your own computer) to play your audio files
So, I will publish soon this new sub-module !
- Prepare GA v3.1.0 sources files
- Prepare the new wiki module (oh no, it’s a punish for me !)
- I have to prepare GA updater library to manage it (common library updater of @bugsounet
NPM check) for any update of this player
So Guys Sorry… You will have some update for prepare GA V3.1.0
@bugsounet fantastic. Great job. Looking forward to seeing it