SOLVED YouTube Video Freezes During Playback
Thanks again for creating an awesome module. I’ve been experimenting with Recipes for video playback and specifically with MMM-YouTube. Videos play great with MMM-YouTube recipes for playlists. But I can’t seem to find a way to play specific videos via a search (i.e. "Jarvis, play YouTube of Michael Jackson.
The reason I’m not using the MMM-GoogleAssistant YouTube playback is because when trying to play videos using YouTube playback in MMM-GoogleAssistant, the videos freeze throughout playback, but does freeze during playback with the MMM-YouTube playback recipe.
Also, in the MMM-GoogleAssistant config, I have “useVLC: true”
Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass the MMM-GoogleAssistant YouTube playback with the use of MMM-YouTube recipe to play back a specific video?
I’ve figured it out. In order to smooth out playback using MMM-GoogleAssistant VLC playback, you have to go into VLC player and do the following:
- Go to Tools > Preferences.
- Switch to All settings (bottom left of screen)
- Click on Input/Codecs.
- Choose an option next to Preferred video resolution. -I took mine all the way down to the lowest resolution of 240, but you should experiment with higher resolutions.
- Press Save.
Disable Hardware Decoding
Enabling hardware decoding might cause choppy video playback issues. To resolve this, you need to disable hardware encoding. Even though hardware encoding is required for the decoding process, sometimes it creates playback issues. Hence, it is better to disable it to fix VLC lag or stutter.
- Open VLC and navigate to Tools > Preferences.
- When you see the settings window, click on Input and Codecs on the left sidebar.
- Now, Disable the Hardware-accelerated decoding option.
- Press Save.
J’ai fait le réglage comme indiqué “Super”