In Google Assistant, I have created automatic installer for RaspberryPi and Linux Debian machines.
Auto install script will propose to install needed dependencies with compatible gcc version.
It can also check your audio configuration and allows the generation of your micConfig section.
For OSX machines, auto install script is not yet implented.
So, manuel installation is nedeed and no help will be given for this
- MagicMirror v2.15.0 and more
- MagicMirror must NOT be installed with sudo command
- MagicMirror must be installed according to the magicmirror website (and NOT with any other internet tutorial!)
- An Keyword listener for activating:
- OS: Raspbian 10 (Buster – 32-bit Version) is needed or debian 10 (buster)
- RPI 4 > 2 Go RAM
- Node: > v10.24.x (v12.x no supported)
- npm: > v7.14.x
- Linux: tested on Linux Debian 10 (my dev platform)
- Last tested: 02/06/2021 (Fresh Install on RPI 4)
/!\ RPI 3b+ and less will be not compatible with
Extented Displayand animations technology
Auto install (for RaspberryPi or Debian Linux machines only)
cd ~/MagicMirror/modules git clone https://github.com/bugsounet/MMM-GoogleAssistant cd MMM-GoogleAssistant npm install
- No other
npmcommands (e.g. npm audit fix) are needed after installation (they can break package dependencies)!
GoogleAssistant module works with HTML5 audio only
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE npm ERR! errno 255 npm ERR! MMM-GoogleAssistant@ preinstall: `installer/preinstall.sh` npm ERR! Exit status 255
- Error 255
error 255 is an error voluntarily generated by MMM-GoogleAssistant because the installation requirements are not resolved.
Of course, the reason will be given in red above
Additional display of responses for MMM-GoogleAssistant (Extented Display)
GoogleAssistant says and display natural response.<br>
It can display:
- youtube video
- cast youtube video
- screen management
- spotify audio
More informations in the wiki